Monday, June 8, 2009

Craft Quick Fix: Body Scrub Party Favors

At the end of last month my younger sister hosted a small gathering of friends to celebrate her 21st birthday. I am a wonderful big sister and I contributed homemade party favors for her guests to take home and enjoy. I used an idea I found on MarthaStewart.com to make a scented body scrub that any girl will go ga-ga over now that it is flip-flop season again. Epsom salt provides gentle exfoliation while grape seed oil or olive oil moisturizes your skin to a smooth, touchable finish. You can even choose your favorite essential oil for a personalized fragrance. My boyfriend has even requested I try making a scrub for him in his favorite scent, pine-balsam! Check out the recipe here.

Packaging these favors are simply a breeze now that Ball Mason Jars have taken on a fun, contemporary design. Their new line, "Collection Elite", provides the perfect storage for all types of things. I used the small 8 oz. size for these gifts, but Ball Mason Jars also come in a larger 16 oz. Pint size. Their wide-mouth design and platinum lids are a stunning update from the Ball Mason Jars your grandma uses!

This project would lend itself to a number of uses: bridal showers, girls-night-out souvenirs, teacher appreciation gifts, brithday presents, etc. Design your own gift labels to suit your needs. Be creative and have fun with it.

And don't forget to make a little extra for you to use yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment