Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's A Tea Shirt... and a Blog Contest!


Once again the users of Craftster.com came through with an awesome tutorial on how to design your very own t-shirt. Sure there are plenty of do-it-yourself printer paper methods of making your own shirt, but this one is way more deconstructive and therefore way cooler to make! I got the idea from this tutorial on Crafster. It uses bleach to literally bleach out any image or text you choose to design. My wonderful boyfriend is a bit of a tea drinker, so I thought we'd be clever and make him a Tea- Shirt. Ha ha.

Playing off the old "It's 5 o'Clock Somewhere" gimmick used by college students, vinos, and alcoholics the world over, we came up with this shirt:

Any true tea lover will recognize the reference to English tea time which is traditionally served at 5 o'clock in jolly old England. The image of the teakettle and teacup was adapted from clipart we found. I'm still amazed at how clean the lines turned out on it. The text was a bit trickier to work out, what with its small scale and all. Next time I try making a shirt using this method, I'll plan on increasing the font size a bit.

Got any ideas for a t-shirt (or tea-shirt!) you want to see made? Send me an email at a.joy.taylor@gmail.com with your design idea. It can include text or images or even just a simple description of what you want it to look like. Bonus points for wit and ingenuity!
The contest winner will be announced next month when they see their design made into a t-shirt and featured on this blog. The winner will also receive the one-of-a-kind t-shirt sporting their design as a prize.
Submissions must be received on or before Friday, April 24, 2009 to be eligible.

Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. oh my god, A, you are ridiculously brilliant! I can't stand it!!! I love you and your creativity. It honestly makes my day loads better when I see what you've been working on. I love it.

    ReplyDelete