Monday, April 13, 2009

Crafting for Charity


As I mentioned in the previous post "Martha Had a Little Lamb", I had been working on a project for the non-profit St. Paul's Childcare Center located in Winneconne, WI which provides childcare and education services for low-income families and residents of the village of Winneconne. These little lambs were presented to some of the students as an Easter gift. A cotton calico was chosen by my aunt for the bodies of the lambs, while a pink batik fabric was used for the inside of the ears. I made seven of these softies all hand-sewn without the aid of a sewing machine. I'm old school when it comes to stitchin' and sewin'.




I also decided to design my own label so that I can market my items some day in the future. I used a tutorial I found online to make my very own fabric labels, like those sewn into shirt collars or sewn into stuffed animals. I love how they turned out! I can alter the colors using computer programs so that they can match whatever fabric I'm using. Genius! I plan on incorporating this logo into every piece I create from now on. A girl has to get her name out there somehow!

Don't forget:
Got any ideas for a t-shirt (or tea-shirt!) you want to see made? Send me an email at a.joy.taylor@gmail.com with your design idea. It can include text or images or even just a simple description of what you want it to look like. Bonus points for wit and ingenuity!
The contest winner will be announced next month when they see their design made into a t-shirt and featured on this blog. The winner will also receive the one-of-a-kind t-shirt sporting their design as a prize.
Submissions must be received on or before Friday, April 24, 2009 to be eligible.

No comments:

Post a Comment