Saturday, March 28, 2009

Inspiration: Owls

Here's a new feature I'll be blogging every so often. Inspiration. I'm inspired by the people I meet, the places I travel, the things I see. Each Inspiration Montage will feature a new theme, be it nature, music, belly buttons... This first Inspiration Montage just happens to be about a little something you've all seen featured on this site before: Owls!

1. Our Doormat: We picked this up from Target last summer on clearance. It definitely adds personality to our front door! I wonder what our neighbors think of us...

2. Plate: This decorative plate was a christmas present from my boyfriend's parents. It will work great in a future dining room as wall art when its not being used as a cheese platter!

3. Owl Key Covers: These are a hoot! Get it? A hoot? I picked these babies up at Urban Outfitters in Chicago on a recent trip. If only I had enough keys to use them all!

4. Coin Bank: Target was just a mine-field of owls last season. This gorgeous pewter bank was ordered online from Target's website. It's only about a foot tall, but it was shipped in a 3 ft. x 4 ft. box. What a waste of space!

5. Jewelry: I wear these necklaces when I'm hoping for good luck! The wooden disk on the left is made by an artist in Madison who sells her creations at the Farmers' Market and on Etsy. Check her out! They make great gifts. The pewter charm on the right I purchased in Germany at the Pergamon Museum in Berlin. It's one of my favorite places on earth.

6. Stamps: Hero Arts made these adorable stamps. Definitely expect a few card designs to include these cuties!

No comments:

Post a Comment