Thursday, February 26, 2009

Card Crazy



Here's a small collection of cards I've designed and made for family and friends. In some instances, various preprinted cards were embellished and adapted to suit my artistic needs, while others are embellished using ribbon, preprinted embellishments, wooden accessories, and hand-sewn elements. I especially like the bold simplicity of the card I made for the 15th birthday of my cousin. Keeping to a color scheme of blues and white, an almost nautical effect is brought to the card. By using stylized flower shapes, masculine pinstripes, and the soft touch of ribbon, a gender-neutral card is achieved. The large numerals can be changed to suit the birthday or omitted altogether to suit any occasion.
Ribbon is by far my favorite choice when it comes to embellishing and designing handmade cards. It provides a slight three dimensional effect and can add a variety of textures to a card. I especially like to use it as a divider or a seam cover when two different paper designs meet. It gives a cleaner look to the card. And I have fallen in love with a product that has made my love of ribbon all the easier! K and Company (one of my favorite sources for supplies!) has developed Wacky Tac Ribbon Adhesive, a mess-free way to adhere ribbon smoothly and cleanly to scrapbook pages, cards, and crafts.
Look for more card designs in the future... perhaps coming to a mailbox near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment